Some history …

St. David’s Presbyterian Church had its beginnings in the home of Doris MacLaurin and her father, Thomas Dow, with ten people present. It was decided to establish a preaching point under the Vernon Presbyterian Church with services held in the Women’s Institute Hall on Lawrence Ave. Mr. T.S. Cowan, an elder of the Church of Scotland, was asked in 1954 if he would conduct services. Under his guidance the sanctuary was built and dedicated in 1957 on Sutherland Ave. The education wing was built in 1961. The first minister, Rev. Reid Thompson, was called in 1965. Rev. David Stewart was called in 1970, Rev. Dr. Ted Siverns in 1979, Rev. Dr. Lorna Hillian in 1987, and then Rev. Richard Moffat in August 1997.

In 1989, our congregation decided to proceed in faith with a building project. The Glenmore Housing Society first built 39 condos (Glendavid Place). In June 1995, we moved into our new church building with a much larger sanctuary and more meeting space. We have been delighted with our new church building.